Thursday 14 July 2011

The History

Since getting married last December 2008, Hubby and I decided to have a baby right away, but sadly it didn't happen that quick. For the first 6 months of 2009, I was on medication for rubella and other anti virus that our baby needs but this meant the plan have to be put off to the next half of the year. In 2010, I was getting worried so I went to see a gynecologist and in August, after a number of tests, she confirmed that I was not ovulating. I had to take medications. And after six months of seeing her, nothing still. Then a friend of a friend recommended her OB, she said she had IVF twice with her and all were successful. I was resigned to the fact that we might have to undergo IVF to be able to conceive.

In May 2011, I went to see her OB and she read thru my long history (I brought everything I had from the GP and the previous OB) and said that there is one more procedure she wants me to do before we do surgery to remove the polyps in my ovaries (I have PCOS by the way), and that is HyCoSy - an intra-vaginal ultrasound that is not only uncomfortable but expensive as well, haha. She said that maybe, just maybe, this is just what I need.

 
 
 
 
Why HyCoSy?
In recent years HyCoSy has increasingly been used in preference to hysterosalpingography (HSG) and laparoscopy as a first line investigation for infertility because of its convenience and safety. HyCoSy also allows examination of the other pelvic organs and because it is a dynamic study and can give valuable information regarding tubal function.
 

 
 
At the Sydney Ultrasound for women where I had the procedure done, the Doctor told me that my fallopian tube, altough inverted, is not blocked. There's no reason why I should not conceive. That gave me a flicker of hope.

A week later, we tried again.

Then 3 weeks later, I missed my period.

No comments:

Post a Comment